[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting notes are up

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Dec 30 00:36:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:22:13AM -0800, Liz Henry wrote:
> Well, we could do first names and initial of last name. It would give
> people an idea of who's up for membership, without being so googleable.

Any specific system will have exceptions that it can't handle, so it's
best to simply ask the prospective member how they'd like to be publicly
identified.

Specifically, we've had members with globally unique firstname, and
we've had members who had very legitimate reasons to want to not be
googleable in association with Noisebridge.

-andy