[Noisebridge-discuss] Vending Machine

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Thu Dec 30 00:59:07 UTC 2010

There's a dolly over by the spacebridge/bacchus shelves, near the sliding
glass door.  It's usually used for hauling helium tanks, and both our
projects need it, so please don't mangle it and do return it.

I kicked in the $25 I was dragging my feet on, along with an extra $15 for
the transport.

(I'd been waiting to kick $25 in for the sodas, since we'd had the machine
paid for by the time I got around to it.)
--
/jbm

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Kelly <hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com> wrote:

> Having him deliver it is a super great idea. Make sure you also will
> have a dolly on hand to maneuver it into the space.
>
> We moved the Agfa C41 machine
> (https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Agfa_FP200_Color_Film_Developer
> approx 400 lbs) to NB without any professional help but it was pretty
> brutal. Be wary of elevator complications.
>
> I feel like the cost for that machine is a little expensive? But I'm
> not really sure. If it's in good shape and hackable that's probably
> reasonable. My partner recently bought a vending machine and hacked a
> new interface onto it. I will ask if he has any pointers.
>
> -Kelly
>
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 14:01, Nicholas Iannone <knyck2 at me.com> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > So I've talked to Gary the guy who is selling the machine and he says he
> can deliver it for $75 which I think is pretty good deal considering that
> the machine is a beast (I believe 500+ pounds). Considering the money we'd
> spend on a zip car ~$40 plus bay bridge toll $6, my time and the wear and
> tear on my back it's looking like a no brainer from my perspective(i'm also
> willing to make up the difference if necessary). He can have it here
> thursday or friday. So I basically am asking everyone who pledged money to
> get me the money sometime before then. I'm hoping to be at the meeting
> tonight if you want to do it in person or paypal works as well (email funds
> to knyck2 at mac.com, checks and/or cash in person work too). I've already
> received funds from Jof, Leif and Shannon (thanks!).
> >
> > Considering the delivery we also have a projected shortfall of around
> $25-$40 (depending on paypal fees and how much of the money comes through
> it) So if you've been holding back waiting to swoop in at the last moment
> and make a difference now is the time. ;)
> >
> > Let me know if you need any more info,
> >
> > Nick

Josh Myer 415.230.9791 <-- NOTE: New number!
 josh at joshisanerd.com