[Noisebridge-discuss] voting: approval vs condorcet

jim jim at well.com
Thu Dec 30 18:23:30 UTC 2010

   i still like random selection best. shannon says
we have to be careful, as the board legally has
real power, and we have to ensure that they not
exercise it (except as fall guys).
   i reply that we can draft someone--"you're the
new board member, sign this paper here that says
you'll not do anything...", and that person can
respond by saying "okay" and signing or "fuck you,
i don' wanna" and not signing (and not being a
board member).
   random selection (drafting people) gets rid of
the problem of evilla and her supporters being
pissed. evilla at some point will likely be drafted
as a board member, but how come evilla cares one
way or another? the motivation for wanting to be a
board seems suspect to me.