[Noisebridge-discuss] Tourism For Locals Group

alexhandy alexhandy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:02:54 UTC 2010

	Hello everyone, my name is Veronica, or some people know me as V. I am Alex’s (known as Vonguard online) wife and I am starting a tourism for locals group. Each time we meet, we will go somewhere in San Francisco that maybe you didn’t know about, or did but have never been. And the whole day should cost no more than $35.

	The first meeting will be this Sunday at the Asian Art Museum.
www.asianart.org
The first Sunday of the month is free at this museum. I will be at Noisebridge at 9:00. We will be leaving noisebridge at 9:30. I know this is early but there are only a limited number of free tickets available and they are on a first come first serve basis. The museum opens at 10:00, so I would like to be there a little before that.

	Afterwards we will walk up Polk street to a Restaurant called Grubstake. www.sfgrubstake.com
It has classic diner food (with breakfast served all day). They also have a Portuguese menu. This Restaurant was a film location in a old Humphrey Bogart film noir movie entitled “The Dark Passage.”

	In summation: We will be leaving Noisebridge at 9:30, the museum is free. Bring money for lunch and shopping on Polk street (there is a Buffalo Exchange for those who are interested). Also where comfortable shoes. We will be walking up polk street to Grubstake, that is at least a mile. Bring a camera. The Asian Museum does allow cameras, as long as you do not use a flash or tripod, and there are also interesting things to take pictures of on Polk. Email me if you are interested.

Veronica