[Noisebridge-discuss] Seeking a host for LearnTech at LoveTech this Saturday night (and into the future)

Rich Trapani sfroommate at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 23:01:06 UTC 2010

Hi Noisebridgers,

There is an opening to host LearnTech at this Saturday's LoveTech.
LearnTech is a open format discussion oriented educational forum at our
monthly live electronic music technology and interactive art party.

Our originally scheduled LearnTech Host can't make it. The role
involves introducing speakers, assisting and asking questions where
appropriate, and overall moderating and maintaining the flow of the
talks, with these established guidelines in mind to encourage audience
participation and engagement:

Interactive (ask questions ALL THE TIME!  Invite the audience to ask questions ALL THE TIME)
Innovative (something here and now, something that's never been done before)
Involved (personal: What excites YOU, why are you excited about it?
What's your story?  What is the source of your passion for this?)
Inspire (SHOW it, don't talk about it)

We recommend having an initial performance, and then an exploration of the technology suited for a general audience in an open discussion style forum, being fully prepared to go deeper as we
often have higher level geeks wanting to know more. It's interesting to talk about
craft, but it's more entertaining to see it actually happen! Do Your
Thing, Play, Perform and have fun!

Here's the schedule:

••LEARNTECH••
9:30-12 on the Back Patio
Discussion oriented LearnTech PlayShops
9:30: RICH DDT - From DJ to Controllerist: How live is live?
10:00: TIM ANDERSON - Electric Guitar Lesson learn the secrets of legends in just 5 Minutes!
10:30: MITCH
ALTMAN - Inventor of TV-B-Gone & Co-founder of Noisebridge DIY
hackerspace, Mitch teaches people worldwide how to make cool things
with electronics: http://cornfieldelectronics.com/

11:00 NISUS - Integrating hardware into Ableton Live

11:30 AMPLE MAMMAL - Cyborg sound control Ample-style

This
is a volunteer role (we haven't established a budget for it yet) though
we'd be happy to offer drink tickets for now if you're interested.
Please let me know if you're interested for this round or in the future.

Thanks,
Rich DDT
617-821-6966
http://LoveTechSF.com