[Noisebridge-discuss] Door bell

krux at thcnet.net krux at thcnet.net
Thu Feb 4 19:43:51 UTC 2010

> I certainly don't want to conflate these issues... but I think passport RFID
> is an excellent example of misuse of this technology. And access control
> with RFID not all that different.

I agree, RFID systems are fairly trivial to copy/clone tags.  A bit of
circuitry and a coil of wire (like around a door frame) and you have a system
that can harvest all the tags you could want.  That's why the use of a second
authentication factor is a good idea to couple with RFID if greater security
is required.  Of course you also have people who don't like RFID since they
don't like the privacy issues that potentially being tracked raises.

perl -e 's++=END;++y(;-P)}\n?k++=;<+xru}?print:??;'