[Noisebridge-discuss] plasmastaub / roboexotica

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 08:54:59 UTC 2010

Not all types of welding shoot of a lot of stray sparks.  If you get any
splatter at all doing TIG, you're clearly doing it wrong.  This is the sort
of welding I see Noisebridge getting into first, as it's the sort of
delicate stuff you'd want to use for precision robots or bicycle frames or
whatnot.  All we'd need is a steady metal table with a chair so you can sit,
focus, operate the foot pedal and not melt your work surface.

It does require a fair amount of room for this type of workstation, plus at
the very least a set of UV screens around it so everyone doesn't go blind.
 It does take a good bit of skill to TIG weld with any quality at all.

Christie
_______
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." -- W. Blake.

The outer bounds is only the beginning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/