[Noisebridge-discuss] Bylaws committee

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 16:35:32 UTC 2010

I am wanting to look at the entire set of bylaws.  I'd like to go through
everything and see what we can do to eliminate the "cognitive dissonance"
that Shannon referred to.

For example, were you aware that the bylaws included rules on how to remove
members?  Remember that debate we had raging for so long and how we never
resolved it?  As it turns out, we have always had a *legally binding* method
of doing so.  The problem with the

I feel that if we do a good job of this, we'll only have to deal with it
once and we'll be done with it.  I'm going to try to get as many questions
as I can "hallway answered" by the non-profit tax attorney next door.  I
hope that can help guide us in constructing something that's fairly
inexpensive to review, if we have to pay at all.

Yes, I realize people feel that there's a lot better use for our money.  I
can see the point, but it's my perspective that this is more like insurance.
 It's pretty worthless... right up to the point where there's a problem and
then it's absolutely necessary.

Christie
_______
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." -- W. Blake.

The outer bounds is only the beginning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/