[Noisebridge-discuss] Bylaws committee

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Wed Feb 24 17:17:22 UTC 2010

I wasn't at the meeting, and I'm guessing others weren't either. What
was the issue w/ the bylaws?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
> For example, were you aware that the bylaws included rules on how to remove
> members?

This is legally mandated - although AFAIK the method for removal is
not mandated.

It's also just a Good Idea™ to have. It's not necessarily a pleasant
one, but contracts are not meant for when everyone is getting along
happily.

>The problem with the

The rest of this sentence was missing.

ISTR that if you change bylaws significantly, CA FTB and IRS
hypothetically get to review 'em (to make sure you haven't gone
for-profit and that you have all the required stuff). I doubt this'd
be an issue, but worth noting.

FWIW, I think that it'd be possible to change the bylaws to reflect
the consensus process of NB to some extent, but the mandated bits do
assume a more traditional corporate structure.

If you want to do this, I strongly suggest that anyone involved first
read the Nolo Press book "how to form a nonprofit corporation in
california". I think the NB library has a copy.

- Sai