[Noisebridge-discuss] Bylaws committee

Ian Atha thatha at thatha.org
Thu Feb 25 05:59:55 UTC 2010

> It strikes me that this is the first time you've seen an issue at
> Noisebridge get shunted off to committee to hash out.

Incorrect.

> I might suggest you
> review the archives

I have.

> if you're anxious about seeing change happen here.
>  Otherwise, could I request that you not start making demands of people who
> have earnest desires to see the functioning of this organization improve?

"Would it be possible for people" is not a demand. Your earnest
desires are as good as my earnest desires--I'm pretty sure.

"This will be a group to work on changing the bylaws." is much more of
a demand, don't you think?

Your last email seemed to be in line with telling the guy that was
sitting at the very far rear end of the meeting that non-members
shouldn't contribute too much or dominate the discussion. I understand
you mean well, and I might agree with your message, but the delivery
(both in person, and your last email) lacked tact, IMHO.