[Noisebridge-discuss] The rats are getting ballsy

Ryan Castellucci ryan.castellucci at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 20:08:23 UTC 2010

This is extreme.  The rats are a serious health threat -- vermin.  If
we had a roach infestation would you advocate catch-and-release of
them?  Do you swat mosquitoes? What about all those microbes you
slaughter when you wash yourself?  Where would we release them?  By
encouraging them to leave, we make them someone else's problem, and
others will kill them.  Do you really have the moral high-ground?

In the effort of being *SLIGHTLY* useful is there something we could
use on the rats that would merely render them unable to reproduce?  If
not, then we need to put out traps, regardless of how people feel
about killing rats.

I've had rats as pets.  Tame ones are great pets and I wouldn't dream
of harming them, but we need to be pragmatic here.

--
Ryan Castellucci http://ryanc.org/