[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Executive Director

jim jim at well.com
Sat Feb 27 19:38:49 UTC 2010

   i wonder about the roles of board of directors
and officers.
   my guess is that the primary role of the board
of directors is to monitor the actions of the
officers. if the officers are the executors of
whatever noisebridge formally needs done as a
501(c)3 corporation (and nothing else), then does
it make sense that no officer should be a member
of the board of directors? i believe many
corporations include their CEOs on their boards
of directors.
   the question occurred to me; i present it
hoping someone already knows the answer (e.g.
"your premise is wrong!").