[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Executive Director

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sun Feb 28 00:18:05 UTC 2010

On 02/27/2010 03:19 PM, Shannon Lee wrote:
> The other important thing about the Executive Director position is that
> if it comes to legal conflict, the Executive Director will have a lot of
> pull in a court of law -- the State of California is extremely likely to
> take the Executive Director's word for what the will of the organization
> is; so it's sort of important that we have an ED who we trust to
> represent us.
>
> If we want the ED to be a figurehead, it is important that we have one
> who agrees that that's what he or she is supposed to do.

In a highly collective organization, the ED may simply be the person
holding the ED token for the time being.

The requirements from the state's perspective are the ed be responsible
for attesting to the veracity of the corporations financel statements.

Personally (as a nonmember) I fail to see why noisebridge would invest a
lot of extra responsbility or abilities in the ED role. the person
holding the ED role may asssume such responsibilities on the basis of
personal interest or community standing. but there's no particular
reason they should be cojoined.