[Noisebridge-discuss] The Dingoo; a miniature gaming & media platform

doctor popular yoyogenius at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 04:30:41 UTC 2010

I recently bought a new Dingoo A320 for 70 bucks on eBay. These things
are almost the same size as an old school NES controller (5"x 2.1"),
with a decent 2.8" LCD screen. They come stock with a bunch of
emulators (NES, Neo Geo, Game Boy Advance, Genesis, etc) and tons of
games for each system as well as recording and other media
capabilities.
There's a growing open source community for the Dingoo based around
the Linux based OS called Dingux as well as more emulators (such as
the Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket).
If anyone would like to check one of these out in person, I'm getting
together with friends at Noisebridge to check it out and possibly take
it apart. We might even take one apart and peak inside. If you'd like
to join us and talk about the Dingoo (and some other emulators out
there), we will be meeting at NB at 7pm this Sunday night.

--
-Doctor Popular
Yo-Yo Genius/Craft Mogul