[Noisebridge-discuss] [Fwd: [electronicmusic-136] Electronic Music Show at Hotel Utah - Tues Jan 12th 8pm - $7]

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 04:55:03 UTC 2010

Might be of interest to many of you:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[electronicmusic-136] Electronic Music Show at Hotel Utah -
Tues Jan 12th 8pm - $7
Date: 	Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:31:25 -0500
From: 	George Hurd <georgehurd at gmail.com>
To: 	electronicmusic-136 at meetup.com

Hi everyone,
This is George Hurd, a Electronic Music Meetup member with a show coming
up promoting electronic and electro-acoustic music. Check out the event
page here
<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=app_2344061033&ref=profile&id=741581962#/event.php?eid=205153732879&index=1>.

My group, The George Hurd Ensemble <http://www.georgehurd.com>
(www.georgehurd.com <http://www.georgehurd.com>;
www.youtube.com/georgehurd <http://www.youtube.com/georgehurd>), will be
playing second, with solo pianist Harlan Otter opening the show, and a
solo electronic artist, William S. Braintree
<http://williamsbraintree.bandcamp.com> closing the night, for an
evening charting the convergence of electronic and classical music, and
most importantly, highlighting the compositional possibilities within
electronic music. Dorrs open at 8, first act will start around then.
Cover is $7 and its 21 and over.

This will be the first in a series of concerts with electronic music as
a focus. My intention is to begin a concert series geared towards
creating a larger more recognizable electronic scene in the Bay Area,
and am looking for talented electronic artists to book for these shows.
I'd like to extend an invitation to anyone interested in hearing some
beautiful music, but also to anyone interested in meeting up and maybe
passing along a demo or business card so I can hear your work. I'm
building a catalog of musicians to contact as I book these upcoming
shows this year, and I'd love to help get your
electronic/electro-acoustic music out there and in the ears of a fan
base dying for the next big electronic act.

It promises to be a great show as Hotel Utah is a phenomenal venue, so I
hope to see you there. Keep in touch.

-George Hurd

--
www.georgehurd.com <http://www.georgehurd.com>

--
Please Note: If you hit "*REPLY*", your message will be sent to
*everyone* on this mailing list (electronicmusic-136 at meetup.com
<mailto:electronicmusic-136 at meetup.com>)
This message was sent by George Hurd (georgehurd at gmail.com) from The San
Francisco Electronic Music Meetup Group <http://www.meetup.com/sf-emm/>.
To learn more about George Hurd, visit his/her member profile
<http://www.meetup.com/sf-emm/members/10879339/>
<http://www.meetup.com/account/comm/>

Meetup Inc. PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
support at meetup.com