[Noisebridge-discuss] Best strategy and currency for foreign travel..

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 02:54:12 UTC 2010

Over the next year, I'm going to be traveling a lot more
internationally than I have in a long time.   It's gotten me thinking
about how to handle money, and what modern tech has done to how
'things are done.'

It used to be that a person would get traveler's checks, or perhaps
withdraw money (and incur a buy/sell loss) in the currency of the
target country.    Today we have debit cards, credit cards, paypal,
and access to money in all sorts of forms worldwide.

So, what do you do when you travel?  What's the current "smart
strategem" when traveling to get the best bang for the buck, and still
travel safe and be prepared?

-Martin