[Noisebridge-discuss] Best strategy and currency for foreign travel..

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Mon Jan 25 03:23:24 UTC 2010

Depends, outside what passes for the western financial system USD And
euro's can generally be trivially converted in to local currency and
ATM's are outside of major city centers, and toursit destinations
somewhat hard to come by. In various african countries I generally carry
cash.

plastic is pretty much ubiquitious in japan and western europe.

I actually only used about 30,000 yen worth of currency for a  two week
trip in the spring to japan, roughly what I'd spent while not traveling.