[Noisebridge-discuss] TechShop might open a SF location

Lamont Lucas lamont at cluepon.com
Wed Jan 27 06:21:55 UTC 2010

I consider this a point of interest, rather than unsolicited business
email, but my apologies to anyone offended by my sending notice about a
commercial service to -discuss.

This is great news if you're a fan of lasers, welding and/or giant CNC
machines.  I got email from techshop saying they're potentially opening
a location in SF.  As a person without a car who also likes cutting
metal, I am overjoyed.

"All of us at TechShop are very excited to announce that we have signed
a non-binding Letter of Intent with the Hearst Corporation to lease the
15,500 square-foot building at 924 Howard Street (at the intersection of
Howard and 5th) in downtown San Francisco so we can build and open the
first TechShop location in San Francisco! The building has its own
parking lot, and it is just 1 block from the Moscone Center, 3 blocks
from the Powell Street BART station, and 6 blocks from Union Square. The
location is very convenient to people in San Francisco, as well as those
living in the East Bay thanks to the quick BART access."

http://www.techshop.ws/tssf.html