[Noisebridge-discuss] how much current can you put through skin (comfortably)?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Wed Jan 6 21:15:21 UTC 2010

As little as 50ma can stop your heart, but I don't imagine you're
planning on using your trunk section to complete the circuit or as a
path to ground. of course that also presupposes enough voltage to drive
it which is why we distinguish between high and low voltage.

There are components for making switches for this purpose rather than
just using your finger to complete the circuit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_switch