[Noisebridge-discuss] how much current can you put through skin (comfortably)?

jim jim at well.com
Thu Jan 7 00:27:45 UTC 2010

   OSHA standards, last i looked, specified 40 VDC as the
upper limit of safe voltages. if you're using batteries
(on the order of 3 or 6 or even 12 VDC), you'll be safe.
   for any one circuit, make sure it's entirely on one
limb and doesn't travel across your torso. if you have
items on each arm, for instance, that'll be okay if each
has its own separate power supply and there's no
connection between them.