[Noisebridge-discuss] Bringing Down the Credit Bureaus

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 04:57:36 UTC 2010

A couple of things:
1) I don't see any recognition of "good" credit.  This is reported on your
credit rating too, after all.  It's very important to everyone involved.

2) One thing that's not included in the portion of your credit report that's
given to you, but is given to potential creditors is your arrest record.
 Landlords especially like to see this.  It's a horrible thing to have,
considering it's not something that's reviewed for accuracy by anybody and
you have no rights regarding it's contents ("Because it doesn't matter,
right?")

3) All of the current credit bureaus share information, so the creditor has
the most complete, accurate information to make a decision on.  How could
this system work with existing systems?  It seems to me that it would
require all creditors in the world to subscribe at once, which simply isn't
likely, or even possible.

Christie
_______
Getting to the bottom of the hill is convenient. The view from the top of
the hill is stunning. Where would you choose to live?