[Noisebridge-discuss] Neat presentation software, worth while for 5MoF?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sat Jan 9 00:31:32 UTC 2010

FWIW, what I used in my 26C3 talk - and worked perfectly - was
a) NeoOffice for the presentation slides, in multi-monitor mode, so I
saw the presenter view w/ my notes, plus
b) OpenOffice* for the notes where I was writing down the crowd-made conlang

For most people a) should work just fine. ISTR there may be some
plugin requirement for vanilla OpenOffice to support the presenter
view (the current neooffice port bundles it), but it's FOSS and good
and exports to PDF well and just go use it people.

IMHO NeoOffice's version of the presenter view looks better than
Keynote's, but that's a matter of personal preference. In any case,
the price is definitely better. ;-)

- Sai

* The use of two separate installs was only necessary because
NeoOffice has a bug relating to OSX's implementation of Java that
prevents it from having windows in more than one Space at once, and I
was using Spaces hotkeys (only the numbered ones; the arrow hotkeys
don't work in full screen) to switch back and forth between my slides
and the crowdlang notes. On other systems, or when you don't for some
reason need to switch out of your slides to do something else during
the presentation, one install should work fine.