[Noisebridge-discuss] why a sine wave?

Walter Funk marybraindoe at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 23:36:47 UTC 2010

It is also good to mention that there are no pure sine wave in nature, as far as I know. Even something like a flute has harmonics of low intensity.

Don't think the concept of having sine waves isolated was even in our consciousness until Helmholtz did his experiments with resonators.

And some people definitely prefer sounds with harmonics, that why we have fuzz pedals to distort things.

Sine-ing off,
Walter