[Noisebridge-discuss] Electronics at Noisebridge

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Jan 22 19:01:36 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:13:08AM -0800, Mitch Altman wrote:
> I've never used Inkscape.  Their website says they are on version
> 0.47.  Their FAQ says that they have no release date for v1.00, and
> that before that happens a bunch of stuff needs to happen.  But, in
> your opinion, v0.47 is good enough to use without much hassle?

I've used inkscape on Debian successfully for a few years.  Save often
and keep multiple backups (using Git or Mercurial probably), because it
segfaults occasionally and I've even had it corrupt the saved file.

That said, it's usable but basically the same feature set as any other
vector graphics program.  As someone who's not a free software junkie
like me, you're probably better off just working in Illustrator or Corel
and exporting to SVG as necessary.

-andy