[Noisebridge-discuss] Best strategy and currency for foreign travel..

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:25:03 UTC 2010

I didn't have any trouble myself going to Berlin.  I brought no foreign
currency or travelers checks at all, used the ATM at the airport and
everything worked out great.  It sounds like Gian Pablo has a good strategy
for coping when one bank gives you trouble.  I would think it wise to have
enough of a backup to be able to cope while you work out any issues with you
primary plastic source.

I was hesitant to pick up a lot of foreign currency or even travelers checks
not just because that's money I have tied up that I'll not be sure I'll use,
but also the inconvenience of ordering currency from the bank takes time.

Christie
_______
Getting to the bottom of the hill is convenient. The view from the top of
the hill is stunning. Where would you choose to live?