[Noisebridge-discuss] NoisyCalendary

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 04:20:03 UTC 2010

an optional contact field would be nice. just in case someone who wants to
make an event wants to give people a way to contact them for any further
details. otherwise they don't have to fill it in. seems pretty simple to me.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 17:56 -0800, Leif Ryge wrote:
> > Disclosure: I haven't head most of this thread today - OMG TLDR, sorry.
> >
> > On 01/25/2010 02:34 PM, jim wrote:
> > >     i don't get the objection to some kind of contact
> > > information.
> >
> > My objection is that it encourages people to think that groups belong to
> > or are led by individuals, which need not necessarily be the case.
> >
>    doesn't imply that to me. i'm a contact person for
> some things, but definitely not the leader. i've seen
> groups in action where leaders pop up out of the group
> at random points--i use the term "musical dictators"
> to describe the phenomenon: the more each person gets
> to be a leader for a little while, the better.
>   i still don't understand an objection to allowing
> an optional contact field. it seems handy for improved
> understanding of the event (in some cases) as well as
> the possibility of finding out more about the group
> or negotiating use of resources.
>

> > Circuit-Hacking Mondays were started by Mitch, but you don't need his
> > permission to hack circuits on Mondays when he is out of town. I like it
> > that https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Circuit_Hacking_Mondays says
> >
> > What: Weekly get-together to solder stuff!
> > When: 7:00pm till ?? -- Every Monday (it is totally fine to come late!)
> > Most projects take about 1.5 to 2 hours
> > Where: Noisebridge, 2169 Mission St., San Francisco, 94114 (at 18th St.,
> > near 16th St. BART station). Map: Getting_Here
> > Who: You! Anyone can learn this fun and useful skill. <------awesome.
> >
> > So, based on the plan for Ian's NoiseCal extension, when it is live
> > we'll need to change the When field to have an ISO 8601 formatted date
> > (but we should allow comments after the properly formatted date in this
> > field), and change Where to "Electronics area at Noisebridge" or
> > something like that, and otherwise we can leave this page as it is now.
> > (Well, we'll also need to rename the "What? Where?" section heading to
> > say "Event details", or, perhaps NoiseCal should look for event info
> > under a "What? Where?" heading instead?)
> >
> > ~leif

Trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its
existence.