[Noisebridge-discuss] TechShop might open a SF location

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 08:19:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  > I don't think we'll get a really high quality 3D printer anytime soon
> > but it's certainly not an impossible goal to acquire one.
>
> And we can get lots more equipment as time goes on, too.  Our current space
> is only big enough for so much.  Maybe as time goes by we'll have a bigger
> space, or another space in addition -- who knows?  And who knows what we'll
> be capable of acquiring and supporting in a few years.  But I do know that
> we are capable of making amazing things happen when we collectively want
> them to happen!
>
> In any case, Noisebridge and TechShop are two very different (though
> overlapping in audience and ideas) organizations -- both of which are way
> cool for what they do.  Personally, I'm into supporting both.
>
> Mitch.

forwarded from newsletter:

----------

I wanted to give you and everyone else a quick update on our progress on
TechShop San Francisco.

*TechShop San Francisco Pledge Update*
Since I sent the email out on Tuesday to everyone on our SF Bay Area mailing
list, I am thrilled to tell you that 127 people have responded with their
pledges to be lenders, lifetime members, monthly members, donors, or
volunteers! THANK YOU to everyone who made a pledge!!! I will be responding
personally to each of you in the next few days.

I'm also very happy to tell you that we have received a total of $692,438 in
pledges for $25,000 loans, $5,000 lifetime memberships, and cash donations
ranging from $25 up to $1,000 just since Tuesday! I'm confident that we will
reach our goal of $1 million, which is what we need in order to build and
operate TechShop SF for our members.

We have also received 49 pledges from people who will become monthly
members, and 70 pledges from people who will volunteer to help with
demolition and build-out. THANK YOU!!!

So far, we have received 27 pledges from people to be $25,000 lenders! We
just need 13 more people to pledge to be $25,000 lenders in order to reach
our goal. If you have not pledged yet and you would like to be a $25,000
lender (your loan earns 10% interest, profit sharing, plus you get a
Lifetime Membership for you and your immediate family), or a $5,000 lifetime
member, or would like to make a pledge for a donation of any size, please
make your pledge as soon as you can. To make your pledge, please see the
TechShop San Francisco page at http://www.techshop.ws/tssf.html. If you know
someone who might consider making a pledge, please give forward this
information to them.

*See the New TechShop SF Building This Saturday at 4 PM...*
I realize this is very last-minute, but I'm going to be at the new TechShop
San Francisco building this Saturday at 4 PM, and I would love the chance to
meet you and the other future TechShop San Francisco members there. We don't
have the keys to the building yet, so we won't be able to go inside, but I
thought that it might be fun to have a quick meet-up there...sort of a
"flash mob"...epecially since it looks very likely that we will be opening
TechShop San Francisco. Come on by for a few minutes if you can. The address
is 926 Howard St, San Francisco, CA which is near 5th and Howard streets.
The closest BART station is Powell Street.

holy moly things are looking VERY good for this new location. i can't wait.

--
Trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its
existence.