[Noisebridge-discuss] Someone switched off all the breakers in the stairwell panel

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun Jan 31 22:45:57 UTC 2010

miloh wrote, On 20100131 143551:
> I switched all the breakers off, as I was the last one out.
>
> It stops the spinny discs in the basement, which makes the PGE guy see
> less spinny numbers, and charge us less.
>
> Tape the breakers that require crucial services (check the red tape on
> the right side row, it used to identify the DJ booth, when that was the
> only crucial service) and I won't turn them off.

The dj booth still lost power (though a UPS was hooked up), the Rebar
computer lost power, Mule hooked up to the monkeybrains link lost power,
the media center lost power, some switches in between the dj booth and
our wifi gear lost power (so "the internet was broken").

Since not everyone knows where to look to switch power back on, could
you please just unplug things you feel are drawing too much power
instead of killing power to half the floor?

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net