[Noisebridge-discuss] Looking for beta testers of my new Android app

Don French dcfrench at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 22:22:41 UTC 2010

I have just completed a five-month labor of love writing my first Android
app.  It is based on the time-lapse app that I discussed briefly at 5moF a
couple months ago.  I have since added major new features and now consider
it ready for beta testing.  For those of you who did not make the 5MoF
event, or even if you did, here is a full description of the app:
http://www.thegadgetworks.com/Android/TL-Plus.html.   The app is used in
connection with the photography robot I manufacture (//http:
www.thegadgetworks.com) to form the most powerful and feature-rich
intervalometer ever created (he said, modestly).

So now I am looking for people who can test the app on their phones. The app
is written for the Android 2.0+ phones with versions coming for other
platforms later. Some people might want to test it with a robot and I can
loan some of those out for that purpose.  But even without the robot, it
would be very useful to me to know which phones and models it will install
on and also to find out how well it works with different screen sizes, etc.
Also, you can try out all the features and options without connecting to the
robot and maybe become the first person to find a bug.  So contact me if you
want to give it a try.

Also, although the AutoMate page hasn't been updated yet, I am  reducing the
price of the robot to $299 from $499.

Thanks!

-- Don