[Noisebridge-discuss] Arduino!

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 21:39:47 UTC 2010

Wow! What a great class. I was as exhausted but energized from so many
interesting and (apparently) eager students. We covered basic
electronics, basic programming, and basic Arduino in about 2 hours. I
think we're all eager to do more advanced exercises at the next meeting.

There seems to be interest in doing this weekly. I'm certainly up for
this, but have to balance this against the other responsibilities in my
life.

I have an idea. If I can make a bit of money doing this I can do one
less money earning activity, and thus free up the time to do the Arduino
class.

If so, I'm thinking of something pretty small, like perhaps $5-$10
sliding scale, with no one turned away for lack of funds.

Questions:

(1) Is it permissible to request money at NB?
(2) Would this policy cause you not to come?
(3) Would you be interested in an Arduino companion kit of components,
solderless breadboard, and wire sold pretty much at cost? I'm thinking
of things like LEDs, switches, light sensors, potentiometers, and a
motor. I think we could do this for about $20.