[Noisebridge-discuss] Dinner party! Please come: Friday, 30 July!

Elizabeth Sarah Quirk Goodman elizabethsqg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 03:02:51 UTC 2010

Hello all,
A reminder that you are invited to join each other for dinner on
Friday, July 30--but please sign up.  This is a "more the merrier"
type of event: the more people coming, the more ambitious the
selection of food will be, and probably the higher diversity of other
fun things!  Like, I really want 30 people, and can handle 40 or so;
20 will have good food but not much funds raised.  But in order to
plan well, I really need people to sign up and begin giving me money
so I have a budget, and/or someone to volunteer to deal with alcohol.
I will ask about this at 5moF if you want to sign up then.
I made a page about it on the wiki:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/GeeksCookDinner
which links to where you can sign up on the Google document, or you
could email me (especially if you hate Google docs).
Google-doc: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AgNSHISyf5-NdFJOc3E5LW9PSWtGM1JkQ25wel9xX2c&hl=en&authkey=COPlnkg
I really need almost all the signups by Monday before, i.e. July 26.
Thanks!
Quirk
P.S. I had a thought which might amuse: what if every time someone put
in two cents, they actually put in two cents?  Assuming each email to
this list counts, we'd have raised $12.78 in June.  That's not a lot,
but what happens if you include each opinionated statement on IRC?
Not ever being on it myself, I wouldn't know.  Anyone for estimating?
P.P.S. If you are going to Defcon you are probably not coming to this
unless you aren't going until Saturday.