[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Gate Premium iPhone App

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Jul 20 23:36:45 UTC 2010

I've added in a new feature to the Noisebridge Gate iPhone app that'll
have the computers in the space announce your name when you open the
gate. This new app is now available through the app store at a limited
time introductory price of $3.99.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/noisebridge/id345494565

Additionally the original iPhone web app is now out of beta. We've fixed
some bugs and added in a new feature where for security reasons it'll
only allow you to use the app once a month by recording your device's IP
address and storing it in a black list. If you pick up the paid premium
app you'll bypass this black list, thanks to some more strengthened
security offered by the iPhone.

Additionally the iPhone app will allow you to display a predominant icon
on your screen which allows you to be identify as a "Noisebridge Gate
Opening Elite Member" to other people passing through the space. What's
the point in having money to burn if you can't rub it into the faces of
those who don't? See what I mean? Exactly!

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net