[Noisebridge-discuss] Newbie Question : Help identifying potentiometer

Mike Chambers mikechambers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 00:32:32 UTC 2010

I have been teaching myself electronics recently, and just found out
about NoiseBridge. I am doing some very basic electronic circuits, and
learning how to work with Arduinos (connecting them to Flash /
ActionScript).

I am going to try to come in for the Arduino class, and the beginner
electronics class on Monday night. Anyways, I am trying to get some
parts for a simple project I want to replicate and am having some
trouble figuring out one of the items. I was hoping maybe someone here
could help.

I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum for the question.

Basically, I put together this Flashing LED kit (MK102):

http://www.designnotes.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MK102&Category_Code=mik

This is a very simple circuit that blinks two LED lights. I think I
have a good grasp of how it works, but I want to buy the individual
parts so I can rebuild it, and modify it a bit to help me understand
it better.

You can see the diagram here:

https://wiki.ittc.ku.edu/ittc/images/d/d9/Manual_mk102.pdf

I have identified all of the parts (from Jameco), but I cannot figure
out which potentiometer is in the kit.

The manual just says:

220k

and the writing on the actual potentiometer is:

220k 91om (piher spain)

It is a simple potentiometer that you can adjust with a small screw driver.

Can anyone help me find a replacement for it? Or help me figure out
how to find a suitable replace on my own?

Btw, the individual parts are really cheap, so if it would be helpful,
I would be happy to purchase extras and donate some kits to
NoiseBridge. It is a really good, simple circuit for people new to
electronics.

thanks for any help...

mike

mikechambers at gmail.com