[Noisebridge-discuss] Menu for Friday's dinner, + reminder

Elizabeth Sarah Quirk Goodman elizabethsqg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 07:29:39 UTC 2010

Hey everyone!
I just sent a Noisebridge-announce about Friday's dinner.  It's
acquired a pretty exciting list of dishes.  I still need to know how
many people are coming, and what you will pay if anything!  I have
about 20 coming right now, and will add people to the Google-doc as I
get them, so email me if you are a maybe or a definite.  Tomorrow I'm
drawing up a budget, and Thursday I'm shopping, so if I don't have
numbers by then, we might have the wrong amount of food or not
fundraise much.

There is a menu up at
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/GeeksCookDinner#Timing_and_plan .
Seriously, you should check it out.

Are you coming on Friday?  Shoot me an email or sign up if so.

Thanks!

Quirk

P.S. In case you didn't want to go look at the page:

Hors d'oeuvres, 6:30-7
Roasted beets with vinegar and crème fraîche (Quirk, Thurs&Fri) [vegan
without cream]
Roasted whole bulbs of garlic with crackers & cheese (Quirk Thurs)
[vegan without cheese]
Baba ghannouj snd pita bread (Quirk Thurs) (vegan)
Devilled goose eggs (Meredith)

Drinks (throughout)
Sudopop (a kind of home-made ginger beer) (Miloh)
Flavored sake (Sean)
Piña coladas (Dr Jesus)
Thai iced tea (Quirk+Rebecca)

Dinner, 7:30-ish
Couscous with vegetables (Jim) [not vegetarian]
Asparagus drizzled with salt and olive oil (Quirk, Madeleine) [vegan]
Salad of sliced tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, with a dressing of
balsamic vinegar+olive oil+salt (Madeleine? Or she'll decide something
else)
Ratatouille (Madeleine) [vegan]
Crêpes with creamed spinach (Quirk)
Lentil & tomato thing (Rebecca) [vegan]
Ciabatta (Rachel)

Dessert, 8:30-ish
Chocolate mousse (Quirk, Rebecca?, Thurs) [will have vegan version]
Molasses-bread with molasses (Rebecca) [vegan]
Pie (Meredith)
Fruit of some sort, or other vegan dessert TBA (Quirk)