[Noisebridge-discuss] Grad student survey request

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at thesmartpolitenerd.com
Thu Jul 8 21:08:27 UTC 2010

On 07/08/2010 10:00 PM, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 11:54:01AM -0700, Kyla Wagman wrote:
>> Thanks for your keen eye, Don.  As you can see, I am not a pro at this.  I
>> am doing this research for a student project for my consumer culture class.
>
> It's pretty offensive (to some of us at least) to be "studied" in the
> context of a "consumer culture" class.

I didn't even know until just now that one *could* get a master's in
Creative Brand Management. Can one get a PhD in it? Are there journals?
Do they talk about brands as memes or something? I'm kind of curious how
one goes from neuroscience to marketing.

Curious which one of these is the aforementioned "consumer culture" class:

(http://www.pubapps.vcu.edu/bulletins/prog_search/?did=20084)
MASC 608 Accounting for Communication Professionals
MASC 629 Strategic Thinking
MASC 632 Introduction to Brand Management
MASC 650 Culture and Communications
MASC 661 Principles of Modern Media
MASC 662 Contemporary Research Methodologies
MASC 667 Applied Brand Management
MASC 668 Advanced Brand Management
MASC 690 Supervised Business Study

(welcome to Noisebridge, where your research subjects may research back)

--mlp