[Noisebridge-discuss] Charging for classes at Noisebridge

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Sat Jul 17 19:49:49 UTC 2010

On 07/17/2010 11:53 AM, Ani Niow wrote:
> Teaching is damned hard work and no way would I have given something
> that intensive away for free. I think its a bit hypocritical that
> people distinguish from material goods and labour and how one is
> somehow worth paying money for and one isn't.
I haven't seen anyone in this thread asking anyone else to give their
labor away for free, although almost all of the classes at NB so far
have been made possible by many people's generous willingness to do so.

I'm all for compensating skilled instructors who are trying to make
their living teaching, which is why I'll bringing up the threshold
pledge model of funding free classes for discussion at next week's
meeting. I hope to see you there!

~leif