[Noisebridge-discuss] Dry ice!

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 07:42:59 UTC 2010

Hey kids -

There'd been a fair amount of discussion on the cyborg list about usage of
dry ice in projects. Therefore, I brought some dry ice in from the lab
today, and tossed it in a cooler near the kitchen. Feel free to use some for
anything and everything awesome. I can (and will) bring in more. Let me know
if you have a need for some small amount at any point, and I can bring some
more in...we get tons of that stuff.

BTW, quick safety tip. Dry ice = solid CO2. Therefore, its like...really
really cold (-78C). I don't have any gloves I can loan for safety, so be
careful when you mess with it - you'll get frostbite really fast if you just
stick your hand in the stuff. Also, don't forget that metal things transmit
cold just as well as hot, so using metal tongs is just like touching it with
your hand. If you sort of play hot potato with the dry ice, you can move it
around using just your bare hands...but be careful!

Sean