[Noisebridge-discuss] Bartending awesomeness

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:17:20 UTC 2010

Hey peeps -

For anyone and everyone that came out, or invited people to come out to the
Elixir fundraiser that me and Jason ran this evening, I have to give you a
giant round of e-plause. The resident bartender at the bar told me that he
had never seen so many people pack into Elixir for a guest bartender night,
and even had to call in extra help over the course of the evening because of
the number of people that attended (we were having a wicked hard time
washing glassware). We got several new inquiries into Noisebridge, so
hopefully we'll have some more people vising. I'm hoping we made a ton of
tips (although I don't know the exact number as of yet...NB should be
getting our check in 6-8 weeks on whatever we were able to raise). I'm
pretty sure we destroyed the $310 limit for 50% tips and got to keep 100% of
a substanital number of dollars. There were 5 pint glasses full of cash at
the end of the night, and they were not even close to all ones...I picked up
at least 3 $20s as tips.

So anyways, thanks a lot for everyone who helped to promote this event, and
thanks a bunch for everyone who came out. I will have to say that I will
never give a bartender shit for taking forever to make a drink because it is
f'ing difficult to keep track of all that shit from the business side of the
bar. I had a blast, and I hope all of you did too.

Sean