[Noisebridge-discuss] More lounge-like atmosphere @ nb

Sebastian Werner blackwing at blackwing.de
Wed Jun 23 16:58:19 UTC 2010

Hey folks,

I know, I am quite new here and I really like the place - But compared
to most other hacker spaces I have been to, one thing really striked
me...

This white, direct flourescent cold light...

What about switching some of the neon tubes to some colored ones in
order to create a
- chilled
- loungy
- indirect
and
- relaxed
light-situation?

Cause when hacking at your laptop, dimmed light is just... better :)

Of course, most of the existing ones should stay in place - cause
sometimes you want to have bright, direct light.

I was thinking about colored flourescent tubes like:
http://bit.ly/9iav25
(In German, but you get the picture...I dont know a US supplier...)

So just put some green and blue tubes in there to create some atmosphere
like at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackwing_de/225647606/

What you think about that?

Cheers Sebastian