[Noisebridge-discuss] More lounge-like atmosphere @ nb

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Jun 23 17:25:12 UTC 2010

The best way to get this done is to do it. You are empowered to do so
(although it's always a good idea to see who will object first by asking
first (as you have done)).

I personally can see this as very cool :)

Glen

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Sebastian Werner <blackwing at blackwing.de>wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I know, I am quite new here and I really like the place - But compared
> to most other hacker spaces I have been to, one thing really striked
> me...
>
> This white, direct flourescent cold light...
>
> What about switching some of the neon tubes to some colored ones in
> order to create a
> - chilled
> - loungy
> - indirect
> and
> - relaxed
> light-situation?
>
> Cause when hacking at your laptop, dimmed light is just... better :)
>
> Of course, most of the existing ones should stay in place - cause
> sometimes you want to have bright, direct light.
>
> I was thinking about colored flourescent tubes like:
> http://bit.ly/9iav25
> (In German, but you get the picture...I dont know a US supplier...)
>
> So just put some green and blue tubes in there to create some atmosphere
> like at:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackwing_de/225647606/
>
> What you think about that?
>
> Cheers Sebastian

Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe