[Noisebridge-discuss] used electronic utensils turned in to hitech food culturing devices

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 23 20:30:02 UTC 2010

Hi to All!
Who wants to develop low cost refurnished incubators, dehydrators, fermentors etc? It would be super cool and useful to check what was
already done in the field and hack it at Noisebridge so it would be even better. The focus would be to make food culturing much more easy
to bring it to the todays homes around USA and developing countries with potential business application, this is crucial for further spread
of slow food movement. I've quite pretty good idea what will be handy and how it should look like but how to refurnish for example old
refrigerator to a fully automated on-line incubator is a bit mystery to me which I would love to help to resolve. The key words in
this project are: refurnished, robust, efficient and low cost (talking about hundreds of dollars max for prototypes).

Looking forward to hear from you,

Frantisek