[Noisebridge-discuss] Testsolving puzzle tomorrow evening?

Elizabeth Sarah Quirk Goodman elizabethsqg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 06:28:31 UTC 2010

Hey hackers,
Does anyone want to help me testsolve a metapuzzle tomorrow evening
after the crêpe class, so probably starting 9 or 9:30?  Preferably
just one or two other people, maybe 3.  It's a favor for some friends
who are running a smaller puzzlehunt in the fall (in the East not
here).

I have *some* puzzlesolving experience but not much programming
skills, so anyone who is curious for new mental exercises and/or can
program could also try.  It would be nice to get someone who knows
what a puzzlehunt is, like the famous MIT mystery hunt or the Google
hunt, and has solved a puzzle without instructions before.  But the
hunt is designed with new solvers in mind, so a determined newcomer
could enjoy it.

Let me know!

Quirk
P.S. The reason I want at least one other person is that one person
alone doesn't provide a realistic testsolve as it's too easy for her
to get stuck; one person who can demolish any puzzle within half an
hour (e.g. Dan Katz) is also too good to make a realistic testsolve,
as is a team of more than 4.