[Noisebridge-discuss] Test swatch up

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 07:21:42 UTC 2010

So I put up a little paper test-swatch light diffuser thingy on the set of
bulbs in front of the Church classroom.  I'd like people's opinions on the
quality of light underneath it.  I think you can definitely tell a
difference, but I'd like others' opinions before I run out and get stuff to
do the whole space.

Specific feedback that'd be useful would include:
- Does it seem to make much difference on how the light feels / eye strain /
visibility
- Does it seem to dim the area beneath it too much?  Is it still easy to see
the "little fiddly bits" with that level of light?

If it seems to be a real improvement over the quality of light that's there
now, then I'll probably work on getting all the fixtures set up with this.
 If it's a marginal improvement, I might just do some of the more glaring
(pun intended) areas.  If it seems too dim, then I'll be careful not to mess
with the 'fiddly bit' areas.

As an aside, while I was poking around looking for stuff, I found some what
looks like vinyl or gel or something that would be a really interesting
thing to mess around with to see if we could change the hue of the light in
the space a bit without terribly messing up color distinction.  (There's
nothing worse than trying to read resistor color codes under a monochrome
light.)

Christie
_______
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
-- Albert Einstein