[Noisebridge-discuss] Where to make fire?

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Sun Jun 27 07:30:52 UTC 2010

I'm teaching a flame effects class at the Crucible. My students have (rather
appropriately) asked me, "So now that I've built this propane poofer, where
is a good place to operate it?"

That's a darn good question! I'm asking around at the most fire friendly
places I know (Box Shop, Shipyard, NIMBY) but there may be places I'm not
aware of that are not 2 1/2 hrs east of Reno. One friend suggested this spot
(http://tinyurl.com/25qp7pz) which is normally not filled with trucks as the
Google Maps suggests but is barren.

I'll be running this class 3 more times this summer, there will be some 30
students looking for a place to work on their fire art.

pix from the class:
http://lee.org/blog/2010/05/29/electronic-controlled-flame-effects/

Crucible class description:
https://store.thecrucible.org/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=415_442_550

Where can someone light a propane poofer in peace?

Lee