[Noisebridge-discuss] shop tho't re money

jim jim at well.com
Tue Jun 29 16:49:03 UTC 2010

   i brought a pal upstairs and showed her around.
when she saw the matfablab she perked up: "ooo, i
could fix my chair here!" i said, "yeah."
   i'm gonna try to get her to do that, even drive
her and her chair over if needed.

   the tho't: put a donation jar in the fabmatlab,
maybe in other places, too, so's to associate the
idea of donation more closely with the value of
being there--seems to me just being there in a
general way, to hang out, is not the same as being
there for an activity that matters, e.g. soldering,
sewing, darkroom, various classes, shop tools....
   i may get it together to find some dono-jars
and spread them around (but not if someone replies
with a good reason why not to do that).