[Noisebridge-discuss] Payload recovery mission

Brian Choate brian.choate at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 08:04:16 UTC 2010

We attempted to recover the payload from our last spacebridge launch
last Sunday. However as many of you know the attempt failed with one
team member suffering from extreme dehydration and the rest a bit crispy
too. The spacebridge members that performed the launch and attempted
recovery will not be able to try again this coming weekend and maybe not
even the weekend after.

We have the location reported by the APRS system after the payload
landed. It is in a fairly rough area to reach. Although not super far
from a well maintained road, it is a tough hike up a steep hill.

If an organized team of fit and equipped individuals wish to attempt a
recovery that would be greatly appreciated. However, the landing site is
on private property.

If a team does wish to attempt a recovery before the original launch
team and recovery team is able to please let me know so I can contact
the property owners ahead of time. While very friendly and helpful to us
on Sunday, they are a bit skittish about strangers on their land since
the have had issues with all sorts of undesirable causing problems.

If no one else is able to make attempt before hand the original team
will make another attempt.

B.