[Noisebridge-discuss] Science for Juggalos

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 23:16:51 UTC 2010

So, I discussed this with a friend of mine who's from Alaska, and
ended up here for computer science. Between the two of us we can
sometimes bridge the gap between liberal atheist elitist and
anti-logical hick. I think that although the song is mind-blowing
dumb, it's clearly trying to express something positive (which is
equally mind-blowing, coming from ICP) and it's basically saying that
all of that shit is amazing and that they don't want to understand it
because it ruins the magic.

I think it would be nice if this stunt wasn't totally disrespectful of
willful ignorance. Although I sometimes find it revolting (like, say
politically) I think that it's not really a bad thing in the context
of rainbows and pyramids. I think facepaint is not a bad way to go,
and that one-sentence explanations of scientific concepts is also a
good plan. As an education researcher who specializes in teaching kids
who don't want to learn, I have a ton of sympathy for people who find
science mystifying to the point of frustration, distrust, and anger.

The superiority aspect of a science fair making fun of the song is
potentially pretty nasty. Anyone can kick a retard in the face. I hope
you guys can manage to poke fun at that song without being total dicks
in the name of Science.

-Kelly

PS. More CGI pyramids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDXnk6RKs5E