[Noisebridge-discuss] Soft Circuit Printer - Set your Phazers on Fun!

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Mon Jun 7 22:22:56 UTC 2010

Who ever tagged the phaser with permanent marker saying "not working" did
not consider reasons why, reasons already stated HERE.  Reasons like, oh, I
don't know, requires specific paper that probably isn't already at noise
bridge?

They also didn't consider that, since this is a new project, that there
might be people committed to making it work.  I wouldn't normally care, but
I DID spend money on this and I DON'T want people gutting or tossing this.

Yes, I already stated that it need some work.  This isn't news.

If I am stepping out of line and need to document this process completely on
the wiki, please tell me.  But I don't want to turn the side of the phaser
INTO a wiki.  It's really hard to do document revisions in permanent ink.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Corey McGuire <coreyfro at coreyfro.com>wrote:

> Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that.
>
> On the coattails of Meridith's awesome skirt (skirttailes?) I have exciting
> news for Noisebridge.  I just dropped off a Xerox Phaser, solid ink (giant
> f'n crayons) printer.
>
> It does photo color, glossy brochures, magazine print, slides,
> transparencies, and, yes, even printed circuit boards.
>
> That is, when it works, which it isn't, right now.  But there are many
> reasons for this, and I suspect I can figure it out quickly.
>
> So if you want to make crazy flexible circuit boards, DIY ribon cables, or
> roll-able, fold-able, 802.11 biquads, help me figure out this printer!
>
> I dubbed it "Crayola" and it sits, presently, in front of the parts shelves
> with a plea, painted on it, that says "No Disassemble!" and reasons as why
> not to disassemble it.

 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █ ▄▄▄ █ ▄  ▄▄▄▀▄  ▀▄▀ ▄▀█ █ ▄▄▄ █
 █ ███ █ ██▄█▀█▀▄▄█ ▄▄▄▀ █ █ ███ █
 █▄▄▄▄▄█ ▄▀▄ ▄▀▄ █ █▀▄ ▄ ▄ █▄▄▄▄▄█
 ▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▀ ▀▀ ▄▀ ██  ▄▀█ ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄
 ▀▀ ▀▄▄▄█▀▀ █▄█  █ ▄▀█▀ █  █▀ ▄▀ █
  █ ▄▀▀▄█▄▄  ▄██▄▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ █▄▀▄▀▀
 █ █▄█ ▄▄█▀▀ ▀▄▄▀█▀▄█▄█  ▀██ ▄▄▀▀
 ▄█▀▀ ▄▄▀ █▄▄ ▄█   ▄▄▄█ ▄▀█▄▄▄██▀▄
Success is a tasty spirit distilled from bitter failure
- Corey Sean McGuire