[Noisebridge-discuss] Open source web based library catalog system?

Ceren Ercen ceren at magnesium.net
Tue Jun 8 19:51:12 UTC 2010

Alternative solution: http://www.rentalic.com/

They were at Maker Faire. I think they're pretty neat. They have a free
"cost" option. They're interested in doing a Noisebridge-specific
subsite as an experiment in how they could build subdomains specific to
communities or orgs.

I think this is very cool.

They've offered to bring pizza and beer and talk with us about our
needs/wants; ie: anonymous "renters", api-downloadable data, etc?

I think it'd be cool to encourage a company like this to build/provide
an anonymous option for their product, too, even if other orgs generally
wouldn't use it.

hysteria and company-bashing may now commence but I'm gonna try to
ignore it. I wasn't going to bring this up until I had more experience
with their site, but it seems relevant right now.

- Ceren
(who's hereby volunteering to sit there with a barcode scanner for hours
or typing ISBN numbers till her fingers get all numb.)

Utterly tangental, does anyone know from where it might be fully legally
allowable to do: "* Book search returns results with descriptions and a
cover scraped from some other part of the internet." I suspect there are
legal sources, I just don't know what they are.