[Noisebridge-discuss] Open source web based library catalog system?

Miah Johnson miah at chia-pet.org
Tue Jun 8 19:57:17 UTC 2010

RoR is a good choice I suppose, but here is what I was thinking. I just
hadn't cared enough to post to the list yet.

Considering that we do have a few programming classes, and quite a few
programmers. Not to mention quite a few connections to other hacker spaces.

Why don't we scratch the itch?

   - I can't imagine it would be too difficult for somebody at Noisebridge
   to implement this from scratch.
   - Make it a project of one of the programming classes.
   - Start a project that other hackerspaces can participate in.

The idea of spaces is great and all, but it doesn't seem like there is much
teamwork between different places, and it seems like projects that help make
running a hacker space easier would be a logical step in the right
direction.

Enjoy,
-Miah